Sunday, August 24, 2008

Burnt Out!

As much as I look forward to summertime and the lack of a routine, I am just plain burnt out! How about you? I am ready for school to start and routine to come back to our lives. I know that the first week I will be regretting the words I am saying, but that's how I feel at this moment.
Today we were suppose to go to the beach with friends, but we aren't going. Darren has baseball stuff to get organized and I have to find Kennedy school shoes. That's not an easy task here in Temecula with the limited shoe stores here. We've already hit the mall with no luck. She (we) are picky when it comes to shoes. Kenn has been wearing flip flops all summer so it's been easy.

I am trying to get into a new book "The Other Boleyn Girl", but I can't seem to get with it. Maybe once the kids go back to school. It's not like the Twilight series - couldn't put those books down.

Last night D and I went to a wedding held at The Aviara Resort in Carlsbad. This was the most beautiful event I have gone to. There wasn't a detail left undone. Portia (the bride) was an employee of Darren's a few years ago and loves him to pieces. She really made him (us) feel important. She seated us close, her Mom came up to our table right away and spoke to him so kindly, she left us a note that she wanted us to take home the beautiful centerpiece, etc...... He was hesitant to go because it had been a years since he had seen her. He didn't realize what an impression he made on her. He really groomed her to be the professional woman that she is today. That made him feel really good. He needed that reminder that he was/is an effective manager. We danced, feasted on filet mignon & lobster and ate yummy cake. What a great date night we had. My sister hung with the kids and spoiled them as usual; the mall, Ruby's and slushies with their new slushy maker (thanks Sis). You are the best!!!!!

I guess that I should get going... chat with you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home