Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holiday Weekend 7-08







Let's see... what a fun-filled holiday weekend we had! I took a few pictures of the festivities, but not nearly enough. We started the weekend off with an Angels game. The Angels did not have their best night of play, but the kids had fun. It was Michael's first Angels game. They filled up on the usual fare of hot dogs, cracker jacks & peanuts (the kids thought that it was the coolest thing to throw the shells on the ground). Next day we had this great plan to go out to Lake Perris with friends for a little boating and jet skiing, but the the lake was closed (too many boats on the water). Plan B.... come back home for a little pool time. Next day July 4th we played all day at the Hoffman's - maybe 17-19 kids in the pool! The big kids played water volleyball - NO INJURIES - Yea!! It was also our friend Mia's 6th b.day (my Aunt Joan's b.day too! happy B.day AJ!). Fireworks were awesome, but Michael preferred to watch from inside as the noise was a bit too much for him. Next day Kennedy and I went to her first ballet. We joined The Rings at our local community theatre for Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. It was really good and Kennedy loved it despite the fact that they didn't talk or sing. She wants to see another ballet. To finish off the weekend, we joined 7 families for a fun day at the beach. It was my first time at Oceanside Beach.... not like Newport (we have been so spoiled) but fun none the less. It was GREAT with all the kids playing in the water. Kennedy tried boogie boarding with Darren and had a great time.. until she did a side over side somersault in the water (while holding on to the board). Michael was a little timid about going out far in the water. He tried boarding with me in a little bit of water on the shore. I know that he will love it the more we go. Sorry no beach pictures..... I was too busy making sure the kids didn't float away or get stolen (I am so paranoid). My friend, Jenn, took lots of pictures at the beach and I'll post them as soon as she forwards them on to me.
We are so blessed and fortunate to have such lovely friends. To my "peeps" Shabros, Hoffmans, Cavanaughs, Lapierres, Sturgesses, Rings, Fuerers - It was awesome to spend time with you this weekend. Thank you all for making life more fun and for always lifting me up. You ROCK!!

I hope you all had as much fun as we did this Independance Day. God bless our troops and all that have served our country. We are so very blessed to live in the USA!! We are so priviledged thanks to our servicemen past and present. Thank you!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bohemian chic said...

We had a fun too! We are blessed aren't we. jenn

July 7, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home