Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Michael's 4th Birthday








Michael's family & close friends party was a complete success! He had the best time ever; I watched him throughout the day and he constantly had a huge smile on his face - that's all a parent could ask for.

We had Nana & Papa, Aunt Shell, Uncle Matt, Shabro's, Lapierre's, Ring's, and Hoffman's over to play. How could we go wrong there?! The kids took over the party! I picked up a "slip n slide" thinking it would be a great idea (I remember how much fun it was when I was a kid), according to Michael, it was soooo fun! But I found out later from a couple friends that it isn't so great for the grass. The jury is out on that one, but I think they were right!! Let's see... swimming, of course, took up the rest of the day. Michael could stay in the pool day and night if we would let him. The kids had fun showing us their "special jumps" into the pool and we cheered as if it were the olympic games!! The "older" kids (Papa, Darren, Barry & Jay) had their yearly pool basketball game (where was Hoop, Eddie & Scott?) and aside from a few minor injuries, they had fun. The kids had to stay in the jacuzzi to escape drowning or injury from the rough and tough Dads. Michael cheered on Darren; it was so cute (to me).


"Present time" - an abundance of gifts from such generous and thoughtful family and friends. WOW!! When I asked Michael what he wanted to buy with the money he received from family members who were unable to attend the party, he said he didn't want anything. He clearly received everything he could ever want. After some thought, he did come up with something.... a baseball glove for Daddy so he could play catch with him. I just about broke down when he said that. He is amazing!

All in all, my baby had a fun birthday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home