Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A FUN busy week


Though this is the first picture, it was at the end of the week. It was the best possible way to end the week. Uncle Matt came over and just hung out with the kids. They swam and played in the pool, Michael and he helped to prepare dinner, and played many games of cards. It was such quality time for the three of them. We love you UM!!






Sorry that I haven't blogged in a little while. What do I do with my days?? Oh that's right, I have two busy kids that I entertain, serve and chase around (ok just one that I chase around) and I wouldn't change a minute of it (ok that's a lie, maybe a little of it). As you all know, kids are challenging and without a "no-fail" instruction book, I get frustrated. Why doesn't the good old time out work for me? What can I do to get them to stop talking back? Enough whining Kerry!!!


We had a fun week last week. The highlights were the Wild Animal Park and bowling. Both were shared with friends and a new adventure. Kennedy and Michael loved the animal park, especially because they had buddies. Kennedy had Shianne and Michael had Brenden. I had Heather and Jimmy and I had a good time as well. It was a perfect day at the park... not too hot and the crowds were at a minimum. The highlights at the park: the kids feeding the lorikeets nectar out of their hands (one even took post on top of Michael's head), Heather, who is total freaked out by birds joined us because she is a great mom and wanted to share the experience with her kids. Sher is smiling through the fear (note bird on her head). Shianne joined "The Poop Show" with Mother Nature and dressed as a giraffe in a banana costume, Michael loved the show until a person dressed as a giant chicken came on stage - he zipped up to the top of the amphitheater, Kennedy had a blast hanging, girl-style with her bud Shianne.






Bowling was fun too! We were joined by the Shabro's and Lapierre's. The Moms didn't really feel the joy of bowling until the kids started bowling and the pitcher of beer arrived (ok we really only had it because "when in Rome" and truth be told, we only had about a 1/2 glass each). Savanna is quite the bowler! I'm telling you Jenn, put her on a league; who knows she could be on tour one day and make a nice living. I'm glad that I was able to talk them into going with us. Michael LOVED it!! He asks almost daily when we are going bowling again. We went out for pizza and video games afterward. It was a good time for the kids because the Moms kept handing out quarters just so that we could chat and hangout ourselves.

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home