Monday, September 28, 2009

Blessing on the Harvest - South Coast Winery

The Blessing on the Harvest is a big event at the South Coast Winery in Temecula. Our Pastor, Scott, blessed the harvest and we were all there to celebrate. It is labeled as a "family-friendly" event and it was.. but we left our kids at home and had "grown up" fun.


This is a cute picture of hte "gang".. not so cute of me, but I had to post it. The gang includes: Tom & Cherya Cavanaugh, Kerry Guizzo and Aaron, and Darren and myself.This event was such a treat! There was live music, wine "blending" which is when you taste several wines, pick your favorites and blend your very own wine. You then bottle it, cork it and label it. Way cool!! There was a yummy buffet, tractor ride threw the vineyards (didn't make that one).. and more.
The most fun for the group was in the grape stomping competition!! Yes, we felt a little like Lucy did in Italy. It was definately much harder than it looked!! One person stomps (me, Tom, Aaron) and your partner unclogs the pipe holds the bottle to the pipe/barrel. Mr. Competitive aka Tom quickly studied and spoke to the previous contestants to help insure his win..NOPE! Didn't happen... poor Tom..NOT! I thought I was going to pass out from stomping.. what seemed like FOREVER was really maybe 5 minutes.

Kerry and her new beau, Aaron. He fit right in and she seems to really like him.

Awww...just like newlyweds...Tom & Cherya

The Girls!



Filling up the barrels for the next group of competitors

My buddy Cherya.. isn't she just so cute?!

A nice picture opportunity at in the vineyards before we left. Cherya took lots of pictures so when I get a copy, I will definately post. I can't wait to see them.

This is definately an annual event for us. What a great group of friends we have. So blessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger denver said...

I am so glad that you all had a wonderful time! Next year, Bill and I are in!!!

September 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home