Thursday, September 3, 2009

They Never Cease to Amaze Me!

My two beautiful children and God never cease to amaze me!! This picture shows exactly why..
As you probably know the kids started a new school this year. Darren and I had been stressing over it all summer. They say that we are not suppose to impose our feelings on our kids. They say "Oh they will be fine" "They are resilient". They say to "let God handle it". Well, I must admit that no matter what I was told; logical or not, I still stressed. Worried. Cryed. I did pray and pray and pray.
In the above picture, Kennedy is pointing at her brain. That has how she has been her whole life. She is typically academic not social. This has been a worry for me becuase she doesn't make a lot of friends in a large group. She observes. She behaves somewhat shy with kids and adults. This was a big one for me thinking how it would be at a new school - A HUGE school.

Michael in the picture is acting crazy. Don't get me wrong.. he is a big sweetie pie. However, lately he has been acting more and more boyish and crazy!! Teachers & Coaches have always commented on how much they enjoy Michael in their class. Both Darren and I wondered how it would be this year.
Well folks.... yesterday was an amazing day for us. First, Michael's teacher informed me that Michael would be recieving an award in front of the whole school tomorrow. WHAT?! She said that it is part of their "Pyramid of Success" for either academics or character. She said that he is receiving this award because he is ALWAYS ENTHUSIASTIC about EVERYTHING! Small or big.. he is the one to get excited and that it is contagious. He comes with a smile everyday. He is a wonderful boy!!
THEN.... when I picked up Kennedy from school. She gets in the car with a huge grin on her face (This happens frequently because she LOVES her new school and friends).. I ask her how her day was, etc. She says "Mommy, you won't believe what I am going to do!" "What?" I say. She says "I am running for Student Council at school!!" "And when I am in 5th grade I want to be ASB President!" OK.. WHAT?!! Did I pick up the wrong child? She continued with great joy, telling me all about Student Council and how the election works. Her ideas for slogans and posters, etc.
When I got home and had the chance to process all of the days news, I just had to thank the Lord. He told me "I told you I got it!" "Why did you have to go and worry yourself so much?" HAVE FAITH!! I cry as I write this. It really is a big deal to me; to our family. Friends and Family, thank you for all your support and prayers through all our transitions. You have been positive when I just didn't have it in me.
I am so very proud of Kennedy and Michael. What amazing gifts they are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That was Absolutely Beautiful! :)

September 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Jane... said...

Where did you get the dress..? No worries MOMMY :)

September 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home