Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life of a Pre-schooler...


Last night was Michael's pre-k open house at his school. It was as I expected dull. His teacher is shy and not very informative. I asked her the typical questions like "How is he in class?" "What is he like socially?" "Does he participate in class?" "How is his behavior?" "Does he listen when corrected?" I of course got the standard answers.. "He is good" "He joins in" "He has many friends" "He is smart, participates in class and listens". That was it. Nothing more. Hmmm... I'm paying how much for preschool?? I was hoping for a little more.. maybe a few stories. I was hoping that she would take us through a typical day in class, etc. but nope! nothing!!

The doll above is the doll that they made of themselves. Do you notice anything different? Apparently Michael doesn't. Isn't it nice that children do not see themselves by color. There were several bodies to choose from: white, off white, lite tan and what you see here. Michael and the other black children picked this dark brown. He was specific to his hair color. He says that he has blond and brown hair.











Michael has a best bud at school named Grayson. Great kid!! They hug good bye, they laugh and play all day long.. that is unless Michael's one true love wants to play with him. Her name is Sage. Michael told me last week "Sage told me that she is in love with me" I said did you tell her that you were in love with her? He said "Yes!" I asked "who said it first?" He said "SHE DID!!!".

This last picture is off of the board. The teachers asked the kids questions about being at school. Michael's quote "I like all these people in my class and I like their shoes". Gotta love my boy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home