Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 3

Day 3 of school and Michael missed it. Last night he started with a cold and by 11:30 he had a croupy cough and was crying and crying saying that he hurt all over especially his eyes. I kept him home today and we played cards and watched the tube. He seems ok today (compared to last night) but he still has the nose thing and his chest is kinda full. He isn't complaining of pain or anything like that. His appetite is insatiable - growing again?? Because of him staying home, I missed the funeral that I was going to help out with. My counter part was so sweet and said that being a Mom comes first. That made me smile - YES it does. I question staying home sometimes, mostly when the bills come in the mail or the phone rings with an unknown number, but on days like today I am reminded how important I am to my kids. It really is worth it in the end. Who needs vacations, date nights, cute clothes and new Ugg boots anyway? ok me.. but I'm willing to wait.

Kennedy is having a blast being back at school. She LOVES her teacher and LOVES playing with her friends. No homework this week, but next week watch out! She was selected to give the first oral report - autobiography; visual arts and a speech - yipee! NOT! She has a playdate tomorrow with her friend, Elle at her house - SO EXCITED! She has never had a playdate with her before. Great girl and super parents!! She has known her since K.

My carpel tunnel syndrome is back with a vengeance. Typing hurts as does pretty much everything (putting on mascara is a joke). I have tried wearing my brace, taking it somewhat easy (not so easy to do as I am right handed) and taking Motrin (not a big fan of pills) and it is getting worse. I finally called the orthopedic today and made an appt. for next week. Don't know how long I can hold on to my sanity - it hurts like a ... a lot! Hopefully since it has been two years since I have seen him he will give me cortisone injections. Last time he said no more injections - surgery is the answer. Don't want it!! I looked into acupuncture, but it is not covered on our insurance - bummer!!

As for God, His way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. Psalm 18:30

1 Comments:

Blogger Bohemian chic said...

I love that scripture. Sorry about your CT. ((((hugs))))

September 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home