Monday, December 29, 2008

Fun for Kennedy


The last day before winter break was a totally fun day for our Kennedy. First there was a special chapel with parents and K-5 students. They celebrated the birthday of our Lord by reading the story of Jesus's birth from the bible and sang Christmas carols. We all know how much Kennedy LOVES to sing. Next came awards and you guessed it.. our Kennedy received an award for Kindness. This is an especially proud moment for me as a parent, because of the nature of the award. She was super stoked for a couple reasons.. one because she received an award and second because her best friend, Randalyn received one too (I was so caught up in Kennedy getting one that I didn't even find out what Randalyn received one for.. bad me). Then the rest of the morning was what she had been waiting for all year... building a gingerbread house with her Daddy. This is the third year that our twosome have done this and it's a BIG deal. This year, Darren was getting a little competitive with the other kids (parents).. he added a car! He was so proud. I have actually let the kids eat from it this year. I guess that was my gift to them :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home